Tuesday, September 27, 2016

A Visit with Ellen!!

Once upon a time at Elon University I was blessed to meet a very happy, way too sweet, always smiling girl from St. Louis, which I couldn't even locate on a map!  Ellen was and is "my person."  We just click...we just get each other.  I was SOOOO excited when she told me a flight was booked and she was coming for a visit!!!

She got in late on Wednesday, September 7th and all day I just couldn't wait to go pick her up!  The moment we got in the car we didn't stop talking, per ususal!!  We stayed up WAY too late chit chatting, but it was oh so worth it. 

On Thursday we went with my sweet friend, Colleen and baby Emi, to Chesapeake Inn for lunch.  It was a HOT day, but still fun to sit outside and chat.  We felt like little old ladies who "lunch" :)

Aunt Ellen put this sweet girl to sleep :)

Colleen and Emi

The sweetest little girls!

We came home after lunch, watched some Mistresses, snacked on some chocolate chip cookie pie (which was delicious!), picked up the kiddos from school, and then headed out to dinner to meet my other "person," Heather.  We had an awesome dinner at Bonefish and literally were the last ones to leave.  I don't know WHY we didn't get a picture...ugh!!!  We clearly were having way too much fun!

Elle and I did snap this selfie in our garage once we got home!

FRIDAY was OUR DAY!  My mom and John were able to come over to watch Maddie for the day and Elle and I were on our way to the beach!  We couldn't even believe we had a kid-free day at the beach!

Here we COME!!

We just had to "swing by" the outlets and about 5 hours later we made it to the beach.  HA!  We got ourselves some booties and some oh so cute new fall finds, including our burgundy jeans.  ...keep an eye out for those bad boys on the Christmas card ;)

"frolicking" in the water

LOVE her!!


We just sat and chatted on the beach until I don't even know when...close to 6 probably.  It was amazing!  We ran up to the condo, sat on the balcony with a beer, and then hit up the boardwalk for some pizza and ice cream before we had to make a couple more stops at the outlets.  (We literally were mapping out our route on the beach of how to go back to the Loft and return, exchange, re-buy...we're a mess!)

The weather couldn't have been more beautiful!


At GAP after dinner...NAVY BLUE VEST SUCCESS!!


The kind security guard took our picture to document our shopping success

SUCH A GREAT DAY!!

Saturday we were up and at 'em for Landon's first soccer game of the season and it was HOT!!


my bag lady :)

little cuties!  Turns out Josh (next to Landon) is in Liam's class and Austin (on the end) is in Landon's class...such a great group of boys!

After soccer Grandpa and Nana came over so we could all go to Odessa Beer Fest!  It was HOT, but so much fun!!


Keith and Colleen were champions at the trashcan pong!

Colleen demonstrated how to make beer in the colonial times...hilarious

we all packed in our mini van on the way home (please note the little head of Dan popped in the back), picked up pizza and beer and were ready for the "after party."  Only problem with that was my kiddos were all playing outside, which kept momma from being unseen to go to the neighbors, so my after party was feeding children and putting them to bed.  That's okay though, it was still a great day!  Elle and I watched a little TV and I think both passed out on the sofa.

Sunday we just hung out at home with the kiddos and Ellen re-arranged her suitcase so that all of her new purchases could fit!

Monday morning we had to leave at 4:15 to get Elle to the airport for her 7:00 flight.  Boo...it was just such a great visit and I'm SOOOO thankful you were able to come Elle!  Now we're up for a trip to the S.T.L ASAP!

these cuties were just getting up as I walked in the door a little after 7

Sweet Maddie going through Aunt Ellen withdrawal!

No comments:

Post a Comment