Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Wrapping up August

We wrapped up August with F-U-N!!

On Friday, the day after we got home from the beach, we went bowling with Landon's buddy, Sean.  They had so much fun and all the kiddos did a great job.


I'll keep this brief, BUT Thursday afternoon, after we got home from the beach and we were busy unpacking, Reagan was on Maddie duty.  She loves to hold Maddie and walk around with her.  Reagan really is very good with her, my little mommy's helper.  Well I was in the basement and I heard a thud...I thought it was Landon, who falls off the scooter regularly or jumps off the steps, but I went running upstairs anyway.  Reagan met me at the top of the steps, holding Maddie, and told me she had just dropped her on her head.  Ummm...you can just imagine the crazy that insued.  I literally was a crazy person.  I was panicked.  Keith was outside mowing, so I frantically waved him in.  Got on the phone with the pediatrician, was crying uncontrollably, was TRYING to figure out from Reagan what happened but really didn't want to talk or look at her at the moment because I was SOO mad, ugh.  Needless to say, Reagan and I had a lovely chat about being a little more careful...she had tripped over the pool bag that hadn't been put away yet and fell on her knees, which was the thud, and then just dropped Madalyn from there, so not from as far up as I had originally assumed.  Keith took Maddie to the pediatrician's office to get checked out and everything looked fine, THANK GOODNESS.  Oh I was a nervous wreck.  Poor Reagan just felt so bad and I did NOT handle this situation in a calm manner at all, so we had a long talk and we both did a lot of apologizing.  Maddie really wasn't that phased by the whole thing at all; just her easy going personality!

So anyway....after bowling we came home and I packed up Landon and Maddie because Keith was taking them to the beach AGAIN to meet up with a good friend of Keith's from Rochester.  His family was going to be in Rehoboth, so they were excited to hang out.  This left Reaggie and I at home, which was so fun.  She cooked us pasta for dinner, then we made butter cookies, and followed that up with a Barbie movie and plenty of singing and dancing in between!



We stayed home from the beach because on Saturday morning we were heading to Virginia for a wedding.  Reagan was so excited!  We got there in time to do a little shopping at the outlets before getting all dressed up for the wedding!


They had a bus take us from the hotel to the beautiful vineyard where the wedding was!



We met Gran, Gramps, my mom, and John there








Someone had some Snapchat fun

The beautiful bride, Bayley!

Reagan was so shy, but was so excited to get her picture taken with her.  Reagan was a dancing machine!!  We didn't get back to the hotel until after 11, but I know she had such a great time!  We were dancing, she was collecting flowers, she just had a ball!

Little girl slept in until 8:45 Sunday morning and we were off to the breakfast in the hotel.  It was such a fun weekend with my girl, but we sure missed our Landon and Maddie (and Daddy!)

Monday morning Landon was my #1 helper giving sweet girl her bottle!

Uncle Mike came over to visit!  We had lunch and then he took the kids mini golfing, they had a blast, but it was HOOOOT!

That afternoon we had Landon's kindergarten playdate at school, which worked out great because Uncle Mike could stay with Maddie.  We didn't last too long though because of how stinkin' hot it was.

I finally found my Baby Bjorn!!  I knew it had to be SOMEWHERE in our hell hole of a basement...turns out it was in the box of a box of stuff from my classroom.  The only disadvantage to having movers pack everything is not having a clue where they shoved certain things.

No comments:

Post a Comment