Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Back to School!

Wednesday, August 31st was here before we knew it and it was time for Meet the Teacher!  Reagan couldn't wait, Landon was nervous, but I assured him I would be with him the whole time.  WELLLL turns out kindergarten parents were asked to go to a meeting in the library while the kiddos got used to their classroom.  I felt so terrible, but Landon did great.  I wouldn't say he was excited, but he was "okay" about the idea of school the next day.

outside those famous red doors!

Landon's special bag...he has the same kindergarten teacher that Reagan had, so I'm looking forward to him doing a lot of the same awesome projects that she did

TRYING to keep it together as we snuggled reading kindergarten books!  Reagan was SOOO excited, it was like Christmas Eve...she couldn't wait!!

Thursday morning, September 1st was the first day!  They had waffles and cinnamon rolls.  AND thankfully Reagan was up at 6:30 because she was my alarm clock...a certain little baby in our house was up a TON that night and I was FINALLY getting some sleep.  NOT a great start to the first day when you over sleep, but we made it!

Look at my KINDERGARTENER!!!!

and my SECOND GRADER!!






The rain held out for pictures at home, but it was raining on us going into school.

Landon was starting to get a little unsure of this whole thing...

We walked down to the kindergarten pod and there were legos out, coloring, blocks, and all kinds of things.  I played with Landon for a few minutes and a little guy who was sad that his mommy had already left joined us.  The teachers clapped their hands and it was time to line up with your class and this is when Landon lost it.  He sat in my lap and started to cry.  I did my BEST to not just drown in a puddle of my own tears.  His teacher was fantastic and got him redirected, as he was pulling on my bracelets not wanting to let go, which did me in and then I started sobbing.  As I walked down the hallway I thankfully saw Reagan and wished her a great first day...poor thing didn't get AS much attention since she just goes right in and does her thing!  I saw my friend Emily as I was walking and her son is in Landon's class, so I asked her to check on him.  She came back a couple minutes later and said Landon was playing with puzzles and doing fine.  PHEW!  I sobbed a lot that day.  I just can't believe my buddy is in kindergarten.  I have been so lucky to have been home with him for the last FIVE years.  Our days of just having "home days" together in our pjs are over...I still can't even believe it.  BUT I am SO proud of him and know he is READY for kindergarten and will do great!

This girl was happy to have mommy all to herself!!

I couldn't WAIT to pick up the kids from school!!  They requested a donut as their after school snack so that was ready and waiting for them in the car.  Everyone had a GREAT first day!!  SO relieved and thankful!


Kids choice for dinner...ham, mac n' cheese, apple sauce, and rolls.  Happy First Day of School loves!  It was just a 2 day week to ease them into things and they did great!

I asked them both their TOP FIVE Favorite things from their first day of school:

Reagan
1) meeting Audrey (new student and turns out they have the same birthday!)
2) Mrs. Bell is REALLY nice
3) counting activity with straws - 85
4) math activity with making 15 as many ways as possible because St. Anne's is celebrating their 15th year
5) playing outside

Landon
1) playing outside
2) playing a fun game in PE
3) playing with Legos
4) playing with blocks
5) playing with my 2 new friends; Rehan and Logan

oh and we're famous because we made the school's website too! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment