Friday, July 17, 2009

Big Week in PA!

So sorry for the "blank" week of posts! Reagan and I made our first trip to PA together on Monday. I am going to break it down day by day, so this could be a long one :)

Monday - Reagan and I left NC around 9:00am, packed and ready to go! We didn't stop until 1:15 and that is mostly because I had to go to the bathroom! :) Reags was an ANGEL and slept that whole time!! I kept thinking, any minute now she is going to be hungry, but she did GREAT! Where we stopped in MD was only about 1 1/2 hours away, so that was perfect!! By the time we got home it was time to eat again! I won't go into too many details about my first experience feeding her in a parking lot, but let's just say it is much more comfortable in my chair and ottoman at home! When we got home Uncle Michael was waiting to meet his niece! We had dinner with my dad and shortly after it was time for bed!!


Tuesday - We hung out at my mom's for the day! Gran and Gramps were to come, but Gran had to go and get sick!! So Gramps still came to visit his great-granddaughter! It was great to see him and Reags was excited to meet him. We had burgers for lunch and a nice dinner that night. Mum-Mum was thrilled to give Reagan a bath in the sink and dress her up in one of the 10 new outfits she bought her!! It was too cute :)




Wednesday - Shopping day!! Mom, Reagan, and I headed to Lancaster to do a little shopping. I made out the best with some great deals at the Ann Taylor Loft OUTLET!! It is a beautiful thing :) Reagan got a few cute things too, mostly for next summer! I do believe she is pretty set for now! We went to a cute little place for lunch and ice cream and then it was time to go home. We had dinner at Hartefeld that night with my dad's family, which was so fun! It was great to introduce Reagan to everyone!





Sharing a brownie sundae, what we do best!!


Thursday - Hang out day at Mom's and then back home to see my dad! (Reagan watched her first of many Phillies games with her Grandpa!)



Friday - We left at 8:30am and were home by 3:45! We made great time CONSIDERING ALL THE TRAFFIC we hit!!!!!!!!!! EVERYWHERE was traffic!! I stopped once we got on 85 to feed Reagan at a rest stop. Rather than have the adventure in the car again I figured I would sit on a picnic bench facing the woods, well within minutes there was LOUD thunder and it got even LOUDER! Picture this...Reagan eating, I put my little drape over me, diaper bag on my shoulder, and lugging the car seat to my car to beat the rain. I think people thought I was crazy. As soon as I tossed the stuff in the back seat and got situated in the front seat, with Reagan still eating, it started to DOWN POUR with thunder and lightning!! Thank goodness we got to the car when we did! Anyway...we made it home safely and were home long enough to unpack and do laundry before Keith came home!

It was a great trip to PA! Always great to see family :) Of course Reagan is now the highlight of each visit, as it should be!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! YOu are quite a trooper to do that trip by yourself. I am amazed at your guts to go that far alone. I am glad it went so well. Can't wait to see you and Reags again!!

    ReplyDelete