Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Moving Day...

Family Picture in Keith's apartment


Here it is...BB&T University!! :)


I knew this day was going to come, but it is crazy that it is finally here. We moved Keith into his apartment in Winston Salem today to get ready for his Leadership Development Program (LDP) with BB&T bank. It is SUCH a great opportunity for Keith and our family, but it is just going to be different not having him here at all until the weekend, especially because we have a newborn. He is really getting anxious about everything as well and says he is going to "miss his girls so much!"

Keith left this morning with the truck around 9 and Reagan and I left around 11. I needed to get a couple good feedings in so she would hopefully snooze the whole way there, and she did!! By the time we got there, in just under 2 hours, so not too bad...Keith had unloaded and unpacked pretty much everything, I just had to help with the mattress. Thankfully the cable guy helped with the sofa! :)

We made a list of things that he needs to get...I mean we didn't even take toilet paper! Oh well...we'll have it for next time! So Keith leaves on Sunday night for his first day on Monday. Reagan and I are going to make the trip on Tuesday and stay for a couple nights. Hopefully that goes well. I already found a couple cute stores I want to take Miss Reagan to! :)

After everything was situated, we left Winston and headed to Elon for dinner. What would be a trip in the direction of Burlington without a stop by Sidetracks? However, Reagan was jealous that she wasn't eating dinner, so she and I had to make a pit stop out the the car eat. That was fun let me tell you, but it worked! :)

All in all it was a good day, lots of driving, but a productive day. This is just another chapter in our life and one that is for the best! (Remind me of that when I am having a breakdown about being a single mom during the week!)

2 comments:

  1. You can always call me during the week when you need someone while Keith is gone!! I know it will be tough for you at times, but you are a survivor girl, and I know you will succeede as you always do!! I have faith in you!!

    Love, Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!! I lived in Winston-Salem for a year and LOVED the area.... I can offer you some great places to eat (and OF COURSE shop) while you are there visiting. Also, if you are lonely during the week with him gone, you can always call me! I am looking for people to play with during the week!!! Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete