Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Travels!

Reagan and I left on Sunday afternoon to head to the first part of our trip, to my Gran and Gramps' in Maryland! Reaggie did great in the car, but the last 20 minutes was not so fun! She was not a happy girl and it just broke my heart, she finally put herself to sleep about 10 minutes before we arrived. We had a DELICIOUS dinner with my mom, John, and Jamie too! They just couldn't wait to get their hands on Reaggie Mae!

Monday we did some shopping and went out to lunch. We went to Baugher's which is a Westminster trademark. :) Of all things to get I ordered MD crab soup (YUMMY!) and a hot dog! What a combo right?! By the time we finished lunch it was time for baby girl's nap time, which didn't last so long...oh well! After naptime Reagan had a special visit from Aunt Diane. She and my mom were inseperable growing up and my middle name name-sake! She is sooo sweet and even brought Reagan a couple new Christmas books, she is a teacher! :) It was sooo great to see her and introduce Reaggie!

Tuesday Gran treated me to an early Christmas gift of a mani and pedi, which was SOOOOOO wonderful! I don't think I have had my toes done since Reagan was a couple weeks old, so it felt great!! Reagan liked watching my toes get painted. I can't wait to take her one day! Gramps walked around the mall with Reagan while our nails were getting done, that was a HUGE help!!
After nails and toes were all did, we hit the road for PA. How nice it was to just have about a 2 hour trip as opposed to the 6!
Jamie and I did a little Christmas shopping on Wednesday and had dinner at my mom's house. They insisted on having Reagan for the day!! She did great with them, as I knew she would, but it was crazy how much I missed the little girl! :)

Thursday was Thanksgiving and a relaxing day! Of course there is always SOME family drama, but it was all under control and we had a great dinner at Uncle Gus and Aunt Linda's. It was great to see everyone and of course Reagan was the hit of the holiday with her ADORABLE dress and sweet smile!!

Black Friday, I have to admit that I did sneak out...briefly! I went to the outlets and selfishly bought myself a couple little things for the Bahamas!! I did get a couple gifts though :)
We just got home this afternoon and made GREAT time! We didn't hit an ounce of traffic...mental note leave on Saturday! Last year we left Rochester on Sunday morning and it took us about 15 hours to get home...that was MISERABLE!!!

All in all it was a great trip! Reagan is a great traveler and adjusts very well to being in a different place. It will just be a few more weeks and we'll be up again for Christmas! So hard to believe it's that time of year already :) Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment