Sunday, June 12, 2011

BIG Weekend!

On Friday night my dearest Heather came to visit with her mom from PA.  They were on their way to Wilmington to see her brothers, but were kind enough to stop for a night to visit with us.  We of course enjoyed chatting on Friday night and eating some coffee ice cream...delish!

Saturday morning we had a yummy breakfast and Reaggie got to open MORE birthday presents!  Aunt Heather and Miss Mari got her a cooking baking kit and a new puzzle.  Let's just say they were both a huge hit and we have been "eating" cookies all weekend :)  They also got a couple things for the little man that Reagan is already enjoying very much...a toy train that has blocks on it and a large swaddling blanket, that literally fits on her!





Heath was also kind enough to take some family pictures of us while she was here and I can NOT WAIT to see how they all turned out!  She is BEYOND talented and does such a great job!!  I'll be sure to share when I get them :)



On Saturday afternoon we were off to the lake somewhere in VA to go to Keith's boss' parent's home...are my apostrophes correct?! :)  It only took us about an hour to get there and was a lot of fun.  Reagan was excited to see the lake and hopefully some fishes...she kept saying "no snakes, no snakes" because you'll never guess who sees sneezing snakes in the lake on her show...DORA!  ha :)  We went out on a boat and I stood up to take these pictures...



and after I sat back down something on my leg really hurt...I had no idea what it was until I stood up, shook my capris, and a WASP fell out!  OUCH!  Of course my hypocondria kicked in and I was convinced I would stop breathing and something would happen to the baby, yes all while we are on the boat that Keith's boss is driving...awesome!  I told Keith I wanted to go back and pretty much had tears streaming, I've been overly emotional lately, just ask Keith...anyway, he told his boss that I had just gotten stung and he was very nice to take Reaggie and I back.  It was HOT on the boat, so I was glad to take Reags into the air conditioning for a litttle bit.  Overall it was a fun afternoon, just a little nerve wracking because I haven't been stung in SO long!!



Then there was today...Sunday, June 12...it was a BIG day in our house!!  So BIG that Reaggie is OUT of her crib and into her BIG GIRL BED!  ahhh!!  I literally was crying this morning, again...emotional, and told Keith we could do this switch in a couple weeks, but then Reagan kept saying "mine big girl bed," so it was just time to suck it up and do it!!  She was a great helper for Daddy moving some furniture around...our upstairs looks like a bomb of furniture went off considering three of the four bedrooms have to be COMPLETELY transformed!



I put Reagan down for her nap and she stayed in her bed for two hours, but was talking on and off the whole time.  I really don't think she slept at all...Mommy panic attack was slightly kicking in at the thought of no naptime.  It worked out okay though becuase Keith had a game this afternoon and I needed to run a couple errands, so Reags and I left earlier than I had planned. 


Tonight, she was very sleepy.  We read books, gave hugs and kisses, and she fell asleep within about five minutes!  Fingers are crossed on how the night goes...I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment