Sunday, January 31, 2016

Long Weekend Catch Up!

The Sunday after the tasting, we actually had our first look at snow!  It was just enough to look pretty, but didn't cause an ounce of problem.  The kids were even able to build little snowmen with just that little bit of snow.

On Monday, everyone was off for MLK Jr. Day, so we decided a movie day would be fun.  Of course the kids didn't agree on the movie, so I took Landon to see the Chipmunk movie and Keith and Reagan saw Norm from the North.  The Chipmunk movie was SO cute and really funny...we kept saying that Reaggie would really like it, especially for the music.  Well we got home a few minutes before R and Keith and it turns out Norm was kind of a flop...Reagan thought it was a little sad and scary.  She is so sensitive with movies, bless her.  We'll just have to RedBox Chipmunks when it comes out!


Tuesday, Momma had a hair appointment near my mom's so I dropped Landon off there, in his jammies.  WELL, I was nervous about him getting car sick because I had to drop him off by 9, an hour away.  Don't you know JUST as we turned into the driveway he started moaning and I ran around the van to get him out, he sat on my lap for a minute, and then BAM!  Threw up all in the grass...THANK GOD not in the van!!  Poor guy was fine after that, but no fun at all!

We left my mom's with enough time to run a quick errand or two, but a little man fell asleep.  SO rather than go home, I just pulled in the car pool line and we were the first ones there.  Of course Landon woke up like 2 minutes later, so we just sat there for about 45 minutes.  Reagan was VERY impressed that we were the FIRST ones there!

Wednesday belly shot...1 day shy of 38 weeks!  HUGE!

Wednesday I had my weekly doctor's appointment after I got Landon from preschool.  I usually like to go when he's AT school, but all they had was afternoon.  I picked him up, had a packed lunch, and we were on our way.  WELL, turns out my blood pressure was a little high that day.  I don't know if had to do with the time of day, that Landon was with me, that I had been running around that morning?!  Who knows.  They took it 3 times while I was there and it went down each time and was normal by the 3rd time.  The doctor had me go for blood work just to be on the safe side though.  She said to go home and REST!  I called Keith in tears and thankfully he was able to come home early enough to get the kids dinner and just as we were about to eat, the doctor called and said my blood work looked fine, thank goodness!  I had a follow up appointment the next morning though just to make sure and thankfully it was fine!

After the follow up I was able to make it to Reagan's school in time for all school chapel, where the 1st graders were all reading a line telling about Martin Luther King Jr.  Reagan was so excited, not nervous at all, and couldn't wait to use the microphone :)  She did great and Keith and Landon were able to meet me there too!



Thursday afternoon I followed doctor's orders of taking it easy and parked my tush on the sofa.  Landon wanted to do some work, so he practiced some letters snuggled next to me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment