Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Confession...

SO I have been holding out on this post, but I feel as though I must confess. :) Since Reagan's second night home, thanks to the suggestion of my sister in law, Reagan has slept in her car seat in her crib. Several people knew, it's not like we would hide the fact, and we would get looks or comments here or there. HOWEVER, Reagan slept so great!! She LOVED being all cozy in her car seat, so guess what? It worked and we went with it! Over the past couple months I tried a few times to lay her on her back in her crib and she would cry and cry and CRY! I would give up on that, put her in the carseat and she was out! We made it like a snuggly little bed for her with a nice blanket over the carseat and the little pads over all the buckles, it was great!

WELL right before little miss turned seven months old, the day before in fact, she was snoozing for her morning nap and at 9:55 I was typing an email and heard her start to "talk." I finished the email letting her chat for a couple minutes. I went in her room and NO BABY in the carseat! One can only imagine my surprise! Reagan was on her tummy in her crib playing with her little animals!!! We have NO idea how she got out of there, but it didn't matter because it was time to sleep on the back, OFFICIALLY now! When it was time for her afternoon nap I was giving Reags her bottle and was crying just feeling so bad that she would be on her back now and dreading the crying of naptime...much to my surprise though, she was fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was like she was ready to sleep on her back!! THANK GOODNESS!!

Ever since that afternoon nap she has been a big girl sleeping on her back and it is so great!! No more lugging the car seat up and down and making sure it's all set up for bed. I just remember thinking she won't be one and still in her carseat, but at the same time, I knew I had to do the transitions sooner rather than later. It was my #1 New Year's Resolution and it worked out!

I hesitated posting this because at first I didn't want to jinx the sleeping, but she rolls over onto her side, gets all comfy and goes nighty night! :)

So to those of you that have a newborn or someday when you do, if they aren't liking sleeping on their back, give the carseat a try! We got some GOOD sleep having the baby girl sleep that way!!

1 comment:

  1. oh girl, you know you do not have to confess a THING to me!!! you just do what works! that was her way of letting you know she was ready to sleep in her crib without the car seat! I know you must be thrilled! yay for Reagan!!!

    ReplyDelete