Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Portrait InNOvations!


Last week for Reagan's 7 month pictures we tried a new place that was highly recommended by several people...I thought, why not, we'll give it a shot! I made the appointment in Cary, which is a little bit of a hike and we arrived right on time. They took us right away and I was thinking, this is going to be great! Well after about two pictures we had to move to another "set" because they needed that room for someone else, so I lugged Reagan, her carseat, diaper bag, my purse, and our coats by myself to the next room, while the photographer WATCHED! Okay, that somewhat got me upset, but I got over it. I'm pretty sure that this photographer didn't like children because he did NOTHING to try to get Reagan to laugh. Now you have all seen Reagan's monthly pictures and they have all been smiling, well since she knew how to smile, and this picture was the best of all of them. UGGHHH! It's like Reaggie knew he wasn't a nice man and didn't want to smile at him! (I can't say I blame her!) Then we were viewing the pictures and he was trying to sell me on a $400 package. I said very kindly, "I am not spending hundreds on pictures today." So then he showed me the $200 package and again I told him the same thing. I kept asking about packages and he wasn't being helpful at all, finally I asked him about one I saw online and he said, "yeah, you could do that." AHHHH!! Now I was mad! I picked this picture, paid, and THEN I was told their printer wasn't working so I would need to come back in a few hours to pick up the pictures!! I told this man that it would have been nice to have known this PRIOR to the photo session and he said, "I assumed you knew!" Needless to say it was NOT the best experience and I don't know if I'll ever go back...maybe I will, but NO TIME in the near future. Thankfully Keith's office is a mile down the road, so he was able to pick up the pictures because I was NOT in the mood to see this photographer anymore that day! Reagan is still adorable though, even if this wasn't our best experience!

1 comment:

  1. Love the photo! But good Lord! What an ordeal! NO FUN indeed!

    ReplyDelete