Thursday, July 14, 2011

38 Weeks...

and 2 days :)  So I'm a little late in posting this! 

I went to the doctor yesterday and was VERY anxious to talk to her about all of these "pains"/contractions I have been feeling lately...each time I think, "is this it?!"  Needless to say it's all very normal, especially for a second baby since my body has a pretty good idea of what is coming :)  I am apparently no further dialated though, still just 1 cm, and my cervix is still pretty far back.  I was full of questions, annoying I'm sure, and asked if I had a good chance of going into labor early.  Obviously there is no way to really know, but she said based on my progress so far that she wouldn't be surprised if I have our little man right around my due date, being the 26th.  It is just wild to me that that is just a week and a half away!!!  However, I feel like several people have said to me lately "there is NO WAY you are going to make it to the 26th!!" and my personal fave "you look like you are going to pop any minute now!"  Seriously!?  Thank you!  I promise I feel that way too, but you don't neccessarily need to SAY it!  haha :)  The baby is at "zero station" though, which means he is as low as he can get, so we will just wait this one out and see when our sweet boy wants to meet us!

I am HUGE, seriously my stomach is just large and literally looks like a big beach ball is under my shirt!  I knew I shouldn't have said anything to a friend last week about how I was still sleeping pretty comfortably because that is not the case anymore...this belly is large and heavy, so it takes an act of congress just to hoist myself out of bed! :)  I'm not complaining though...we are so excited to meet our sweet little "brodder." 

I am enjoying every second I have with my (most of the time sweet, although getting very sassy) Reagan...I am just slowing down and don't have nearly as much energy, which is impossible to explain to a 2 year old!  I saw a mom at Staples the other day with 3 young girls and very pregnant...how was she doing it?  I was amazed and realized that I had NO room to complain having just one child with me!  I guess you just do what you have to do...although I know I am VERY thankful when Keith walks through the door after work. :)

I go back to the doctor on Tuesday, 39 weeks, assuming I am still "with child."  We'll see if there is any further progress then.

No comments:

Post a Comment