Wednesday, July 20, 2011

39 Weeks


I am a day late, but yesterday marked the 39 week mark!  Hard to believe we are just less than a week away from the due date. 

On Monday night I was having some serious pains, all kinds of crazy contractions, which were making this momma VERY nervous that this little boy was coming.  I have been so anxious about this delivery, specifically with our "plan" for Reagan.  We had neighbors "on call," but it still made me nervous.  After letting my mom know on Monday night how I was feeling, she decided they were going to pack up and leave.  They got in about 1:30 Tuesday morning...I was so relieved they were coming!  I knew that meant I wouldn't have the baby that night now, BUT atleast we knew Reaggie would be in good hands should anything happen!

Tuesday morning I had my weekly doctor's apointment and was convinced I would be, oh I don't know, 4 cm. dialated and be told to go to the hospital...especially with all the contractions I had been feeling.  Turns out...NO CHANGE!  Seriously!?  (Still just 1 cm. and about 80% thinned.) Is this the kind of relationship my little man and I are going to have?  Is this an indicator?!  :)  Just kidding...kind of!  The doctor did tell me that they wouldn't let me go any later than August 3 (fun because that is Gran's birthday, which would be so fun, BUT I REALLY don't want to wait 2 more weeks!!).  So we will just have to see what happens!

We are getting so excited to meet our little man and finding it so hard to believe that he will be here before know it.  As for now we are just playing the waiting game...so what do you think?  Will he arrive on time (Tuesday the 26th), before then, or be late like his sister?!  I must have a pretty comfy womb :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment