Sunday, October 6, 2013

Remembering Aunt Phyl

at Landon's baptism - April 2010

Last Wednesday morning we got the phone call that my Aunt Phyl, Gran's sister, had passed away.  She had a massive stroke on Monday morning and it was quickly realized that she was not going to recover from it.  She was such a sweet, wonderful lady.  I will always treasure her personalized birthday cards that she sent to my kids on their birthdays along with a dollar for each year they were turning...she always remembered them!  
Aunt Phyl turned 80 this past March and she and her husband, Uncle Jack, had been married 59 years, but were high school sweethearts, so together even longer than that.  They had 4 children, 11 grandchildren, and 6 great-grand children.  At the viewing Uncle Jack said, "Isn't she pretty!?  She raised my children and gave me a lot of happy years.  I'm a lucky guy!"  Of course it made me cry a little more, but how awesome that they had so many happy, wonderful years together!  Aunt Phyl was one of my most dedicated blog readers, so it only seemed right to tribute her :)  We'll all miss you so much Aunt Phyl!  We love you! 


at Reagan's baptism - October 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment