Saturday, October 3, 2009

Walking for a Cure


This morning Keith, Reagan, Walker, and I got up early to walk in the Making Strides Breast Cancer Walk in Raleigh. I was so excited for this because I miss that I am not doing the 3 Day again this year, so we still supported a good cause!


As many of you know Keith's mom, Reagan's Oma, passed away 10 years ago of breast cancer. It is a disease that too many women and men are affected by. There was a girl that spoke this morning that was diagnosed a year ago, around the same time that I was getting the most exciting news of my life that I was pregnant, this girl was dealing with the diagnosis of breast cancer. Today she is doing GREAT! Her hair is coming back in and she is planning her wedding...I just couldn't help but cry listening to her speech! There are so many WONDERFUL stories of battling and beating breast cancer, however there are still too many stories of those that couldn't...


At our wedding instead of doing a traditional favor, we made a donation to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. It meant so much to us to do this, in memory of Keith's mom. I don't think since Reagan has been born there has been a day that goes by that I don't think about Reagan's Oma looking down on her, I know she is! Wouldn't it be awesome if by the time Reagan is old enough to have to think about breast cancer prevention there is NO MORE breast cancer?!?!

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful thoughts! My hubby Boby works every day searching for a cure for not only breast cancer, but also uterine, ovarian, prostate, liver, and pancreatic cancers. Let's all pray that his hard work and never ending dedication prove successful one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Kepplinger family!!! By the way, forgot to post this on the other post, but I love the new "hair dos" for the girls!!! They look great!
    Take Care.

    ~Jenn Koehler

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are awesome!!! I really, really hope that by the time Reags is old enough breast cancer will be a thing of the past too! Love you guys - talk to you soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete