Tuesday, February 8, 2011

16 Weeks!

Today I turned 16 weeks pregnant!!  I went to the doctor yesterday and was so nervous and excited for that appointment.  They didn't do an external heartbeat at my 12 week appointment, so I just couldn't wait to hear that pitter patter yesterday.  The doctor I saw knew I was anxious about it and put that doppler on my belly right away.  A perfect heartbeat, on a very active baby apparently, at 155!  Nice and strong :)

I just read on my Baby Center update that this is when the growth spurt begins...in the next couple weeks this little one will double in weight and in size, which means Momma will too :)  I really do love being pregnant, especially at this stage, when you are feeling yourself again!  Right now Baby K #2 is the size of an avacado! 

Over the weekend I did a little maternity clothes shopping...I am just at a funky inbetween right now where my regular clothes are just a little uncomfortable in the waist and my maternity pants are a little big, pretty positive the only reason they are big is because I stretched them out so badly when I was preggo with Reags!!

We are just getting really excited for this little baby and I keep thinking about what this summer is going to be like...in a word, crazy! :)  I feel so blessed and just want this little peanut to stay nice and nestled and grow big and strong...maybe not TOO big though! ;)

At the next appointment we'll have the ultrasound....hmmm....are we going to find out what we're having?!?!  Stay tuned! :)

1 comment:

  1. so glad everything went well at the appointment and SO SO SO glad I got to see you there! Made my day!

    Hope your sweet little one is feeling better...and that you are getting some rest. I know that is so scary!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete