Friday, February 18, 2011

Update...

Well in case you were wondering, Reagan seems to be on the mend!!  On Sunday morning though I noticed a little rash on her belly...it was REALLY light and didn't seem to be bothering her at all.  (Backtrack...when I picked up RMK's medicine on Friday I asked how I would know if she was allergic, since she had never been on antibiotics before, and she told me a rash on the belly!)  SO, of course, that is all I could think of when I noticed it.  I called the pharmacy and spoke with the most uncompassionate man possible and he told me it meant she was allergic to penicillin, to discontinue use immediately, and call my doctor.  HOLY!  Talk about giving me a heart attack!  I called our pediatrician's office nurse on call number, waited the 1 1/2 for her to call me back and asked her what her opinion was.  She thought that maybe it was just an "amoxicillian rash," which I guess some kids get from just taking the medicine.  She said to keep giving it to Reagan and to let the doctor know on Monday. 

I noticed the rash again on Monday morning, called the doctor and they set us up with an appointment for the afternoon.  The doctor felt most comfortable going ahead and saying that Reagan is allergic to penicillin....

It was a crazy day, but we are so glad that she is on the mend!  Thank goodness for this beautiful weather!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment