Monday, February 21, 2011

Long Weekend in Review

What a beautiful weekend we have had here in NC!!  It is SOOOO nice to open the windows, play outside, and not be frigid the moment you step out of the house.  Here's hoping winter is behind us!!  (Although I wouldn't be sad to have another snow day or two...)


All ready to head to dinner with her "Dura pack-pack" from Aunt Ellen!


Friday night we met Keith at Olive Garden for dinner.  This was a big night out for us...we don't venture out to dinner with Reagan much at all, in fact, I don't know the last time we went out for dinner with her.  It's just not very relaxing and you want to inhale your food before there is a melt down.  Anyway, I had decided it was time to try dinner out again and I was SO not in the mood to "figure something out for dinner."  We did what any family with a 20 month old would do, we met Keith at 5:30.  Yes, early, but perfect because there was no wait.  We were literally out of there by 6:40!  It was fun though and Reagan loved her "mo mo cheese, say-ad, and bed."  (macaroni and cheese, salad, and breadsticks)  She also loved her "big girl" cup!  She smiled at the waiters walking by and enjoyed coloring, she really did great!  After dinner I ran to the mall to snag a couple good deals with my Gymboree coupon and then came home.


RMK was being a total ham at the end of dinner!  Do you see those eyes??

Cracking us up!!


Saturday morning we were up and at em!  Keith sold his Honda (I will get to that shortly) and I met some of my wonderful friends from New Hope for some shopping and lunch.  We went to the new outlets in Mebane and they were great!  I think it's a good thing I am pregnant because I could have done some clothes damage!  We were all set to satisfy my craving for Sidetracks, but they were closed!!  I was so sad, but we went to Mimi's and that was just as tastey!  It was so great to see sweet friends that you don't get to see or talk to as often as you would like!

Sunday morning we went to church, the grocery store (as a family, which we will NEVER do again...that is a task only for mommy....after 5 meltdowns, I had HAD it!!!), we had lunch, napped, laundry, played outside, Keith watched the Daytona 500 at our neighbors, and we headed over to the Mill's for dinner! 

With today being President's Day, Keith has off and we had a workday.  I went in for a couple hours and then came home so that Keith could go golfing with a friend.  It is such a georgous day!!  Reagan and I went to the park, along with all of North Carolina, but it was so fun.  Reags loved to swing and then she went down the slide about 1,000 times.  She even got to see one of her friends from storytime!  Her momma is expecting a little baby this summer too...I think there were about 15 pregnant moms there today...something is in the water!
All in all it has been a great weekend and I hate to see it end.  It is amazing how when the weather is warmer you just feel happier...I love having the fresh air in our house!  I better enjoy it now because once the pollen hits, the windows will be shut yet again and then it will be 100* before we know it and this pregnant lady will have the air conditioner on full blast!!
Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment