Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

...very belated!  It's just been one of those weeks :)

I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!  Ours was interesting to say the least!

We were up and at 'em Monday morning and after I dropped Reagan off at Miss Wendy's I called the doctor about a little rash I saw on her belly (see above post!).  They set us up for an appointment at 4, so I called Wendy to let her know I would be picking up RMK a little early.

Love Reagan's eyes in this one!

Such a silly girl!

Showing off some of the "heart" decorations in her room!

Kicking back, enjoying a good read!

I went on with my morning at school and was to help one of the teacher's complete some testing that she was doing in her trailer.  I went over at 9:30, with my water bottle and phone.  I was paranoid about this rash on Reagan's belly, so light and not bothering her at all, but Wendy assured me she would call if she noticed it getting any worse, hense why I had my phone.  SO I was walking around the trailer making sure the kids were bubbling correctly and on the right page of the test booklet and I started to feel light headed.  I told myself over and over, "Stephanie, it's all in your head...you are fine!"  I went and got a drink of my water, leaned against the teacher's desk, took a deep breath and then started to see black spots...CRAP!  I knew what was coming!!  (Vater, do you see where this is going?!)  I was walking to the back of the trailer because I KNEW I needed some fresh air, it was hot and stuffy, and I knew that would help.  Needless to say everything went black, I went to my knees, and I hadn't quite made it to the door yet!  I didn't totally "pass out," but we can say that I briefly fainted.  Poor Jennifer, the teacher, was paniced and couldn't get a hold of anyone in the office.  Finally she did and before I knew it there were 15 teachers around me, the school nurse taking my blood pressure, a parent volunteer who was taking my pulse, and everyone asking me if I was okay.  I was fine, I knew it, I was worried that I had totally messed up testing for this teacher!  I was so embarassed!!  ( You should hear all the stories going around school about Mrs. Kepplinger...I broke my ankle, the ambulance came, and the list goes on and on!  ha!)  Anyway, the principal came out and said that I either needed to call Keith to come get me or she was calling the EMT.  I was like you are so not calling an ambulance, I am fine, I will call Keith.  So as I sat on the ramp of the trailer enjoying the fresh air, I called Keith at work to let him know he needed to come get me that I had fainted.  He left right away and then I called my OB.  She assured me that it sounded like my blood sugar had spiked and then crashed and that if it happened again to come in, but otherwise it was okay.  Phew!!

I spent the next 45 minutes in the office waiting for Keith to come get me so that we could go home.  I got to enjoy Valentine's Day on my sofa in my house...pretty sweet deal!  We left RMK at Wendy's because at that point it was close to nap time and if she was home she would have wanted Mommy, Mommy, Mommy...so it was best for all of us for her to stay there and play!  (Just an FYI, she went poopy on the potty at Miss Wendy's that day!!!  She has been doing a great job of going pee-pee atleast once a day, but this was big news!!!  Mom's I know you feel my excitement here!)  Keith got a few things done that he needed to accomplish and I rested all afternoon, it really was lovely!

We picked up Reagan for her doctor appointment (details on that above!) and then came home and made dinner.  We had a delicious steak dinner and then Reaggie got to open some "prizes."  She was so excited :) 

At the doctor enjoying a snack :)

One of her new books!


Tear it open girl!

Stylin'!

Daddy putting together Reagan's new pink potty!

She loved sitting on it


We had a great day as a family!  Keith and I watched a little tv and then headed to bed nice and early!  It was a great day, maybe minus the fainting, but we are just thankful that we are all healthy!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Yes! As SOON as you start feeling light-headed, get to the ground and get your feet up (higher than your heart). I mean it...I've gotten to the ground in grocery stores, waiting rooms, restaurants. You feel silly, but most of the time you can keep from fainting. Start doing a bit of research on "vasovagal syncope". It's what I have, and because you were so anxious, it could have triggered an episode. Anxiety is also one of my triggers, so I totally get it! The best thing to do: Know your body and when you feel it coming on, hit the ground before you actually fall to it! Email/Skype me if you want more info . So glad you're okay :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete