Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Croup...

Well, it has hit us...croup!  Poor Reags, just as she was feeling better from her terrible fever last week, she woke up coughing, more like barking, on Monday morning.  I said to Keith right away, that sounds like croup, but I think he was still in dreamland :) 

He took Reags to the doctor yesterday morning (because I had a doctor's appointment) and low and behold, it was croup.  They gave her a liquid steroid at the doctor's office to help with the cough and I think that helped out a lot!  My mom drove down yesterday afternoon, THANK YOU, because, as you can imagine, I was a nervous wreck!!  That cough is terrible, even though during the day it really wasn't that bad.  Last night I didn't think I was going to be able to sleep at all, but I did finally fall asleep for a couple hours before I heard her start coughing.

Thankfully, it wasn't a terrible cough though!  I was SO happy!!  I am PRAYING that tonight goes maybe a little better than last night (due to lack of sleep), but we didn't have to do a steam shower or rock outside in the cold, just coming in bed with Mommy and Daddy seemed to do the trick. 

How scary though!  Poor Reagan, I swear...for being a not sick type of girl, she is making up for it.  Thankfully, Reags seems to feel okay, not 100% herself, but not as lethargic as she was last week either.  I hope that whatever this virus is running through her little body is GONE and will not come back for a very, VERY long time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment