Wednesday, March 2, 2011

19 Weeks!

Yesterday I hit 19 weeks along in this pregnancy and I can hardly believe it!  I think I have opened my "What to Expect When You're Expecting" book once!!  SO unlike when I was pregnant with Reagan, but you are more relaxed the second time around.  I just pray everyday for a healthy baby!!

Speaking of that...I have been baffled how many people have asked me "what are you hoping for?"  I am not trying to offend anyone at all, but I just can't imagine saying I am hoping for a girl vs. a boy or a boy vs. a girl.  My response is, "I am hoping for a healthy baby!" 

I am feeling good at this point!  My belly has really popped in the last week or so and the kiddos at school are starting to look at me like something is going on.  One student's mom actually said to me last night at a meeting, "the kids are telling me that they think you are either getting fat or you're pregnant, so are you pregnant?"  YES!  She said that!!  I think it took me 5 minutes to get my mouth off the floor and then I responded.  Seriously, add that to the list of things you just don't say! 



I think I am starting to feel the baby give me some kicks here and there, mostly at night when we are watching TV is when I feel it the most!  I love every second of it :)

I am in maternity clothes full time now, especially pants.  I could still get by with some of my shirts, but the pants are a must!  Who doesn't love maternity pants?  They really are a wonderful invention and I wish I could wear them all the time! (not really, but it's nice not to feel a roll or two over your pants! ;) )

We can't wait to find out on Monday the sex of this little one...I really don't know how we didn't find out with Reagan.  I am SO glad we didn't and I LOVED being surprised, I highly recommend doing it!, but I am also really looking forward to knowing!  I have my girl nursery ideas and boy nursery ideas flowing and can't wait to get to work!  The debate continues though, to move Reagan into a big girl bed or to leave her in her crib?!  Thoughts?!?!  She will be just about 26 months when the baby is born...

3 comments:

  1. I asked the same question on my blog a few weeks ago about whether or not to move my 29 month old to a toddler bed or leave him in his crib. Every single person who commented and whom I talked to said to leave him!! We did, but then less than 2 weeks later he started climbing out. So, unless she is climbing out, I can definitely say leave her be. It's been crazy around here lately, and while it could be a lot worse I'm sure, I miss those days where I could put him in his crib and know he'd stay put!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my girls are only 21 months apart, but I couldn't bear the thought of buying another crib... so we moved Jess into a toddler bed around 16 months to get her used it it... And yes she climbed out - A LOT! We also took her pacifier away when we moved her into her "big girl bed" - because I didn't want Colby to be as addicted to her paci as Jess was (turns out Colby never once took a paci!)... mean, mean Mommy, I know... but she turned out fine! It's a personal preference... since she'll be past two, I'd say move her into a toddler bed, but a lot of people keep their kiddos in their cribs until MUCH later. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to the maternity pants statement! I just got into mine again and I felt like I had hit the jackpot!
    We are having the same debate over bed vs. crib. I think we are going to go with big girl furniture and move the crib into the baby's room just for practicality. We'll see how it goes...

    ReplyDelete