Sunday, April 5, 2009

Big Weekend in PA!

This weekend we were in PA for a fun filled, action packed weekend!! We left after work on Friday and got in at about 12:30am! Traffic was terrible, from what Keith said anyway! (I was snoozing!)

Saturday morning Jamie and I were up and at 'em ready to go get our hair done with Yvonne. Yvonne has been doing my hair since I was in high school, did my hair for proms, my wedding, you name it! I made my appointment with her the minute I found out that I was going to have a shower at home that afternoon! Jamie and I did that, which was great and I feel like a new person, then headed to my mom's for the shower!

Everything was so nice and it was great to see family and friends! We ate great food, chatted, laughed, and opened more gifts for our spoiled little peanut!! We had a great time :) Mom, Gran, Jamie, and Heather did a WONDERFUL job planning everything...I really appreciate all of your hard work! Thank you soooo much for everthing!!


Heath and I!


3 generations, with #4 in the belly!

The peanut continuing to be spoiled!



The precious cake!


After the shower, I had asked Heath if I could use her photography skills to take some "clothed maternity" pictures of Keith and I. I tell you what, just about EVERY website I went to to get some ideas for pictures had naked women with cloth draped over them showing off their belly. That is just NOT the look I was going for! We took some inside shots and then headed down to the covered bridge, right down the street, the same one where she did our engagement shots! We had a lot of fun and Heather is AMAZING! She got some great shots and I am so thankful for her creativity!



Finally, to wrap up our Saturday, we met the "Kearns Klan" at, none other than, Outback! Grandpa, Judy, Uncle Gus, Aunt Linda, Em (who came in from NYC for the shower!), dad, J, Keith and I had a delicious dinner and, as always, had a good time!

When we got home, oh after a Rita's pit stop!, we were set to watch the Carolina game and I think I remember watching about a MINUTE of it! We were OUT! It was a long day after all!!

We left this morning at around 9 and made good timing home! It was a SUPER quick trip to the PA state, but it was a GREAT one!!! Keith and I were thinking that this was one of our last trips to PA without a little peanut in the car with us. Momma is going to need to learn to be a lighter packer so that there is room in the backseat for the munchkin!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment