Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Emergency Room Visit


Well Landon beat Reagan by 3 months on his first ER visit...seriously!?  (Is it sad that we recognized our nurse too!?)  Well where to start...I have been having suspicions about Landon having food allergies.  I think I'm overly paranoid because of Reagan's, but still, not fun.  SOMETIMES Landon gets a little "pinkness" under only his left eye.  It's so weird.  It goes away within minutes, but something is causing it to happen.  I have been making his food, keeping a food journal...trying to be "doctor."  Well on Friday we had been out and I didn't have any food made for Landon that day, so I just gave him some apple baby food for lunch, the Gerber kind.  He was fine, no redness under his eye!  Yahoo!  On Saturday for lunch Keith cooked up some apples for Landon and gave those to him for lunch, again, fine!  By Saturday night he had started with a diaper rash, which has happened before with what seems to be apples.  Weird.  Saturday night was also really fun getting Landon to bed...poor guy.  The seperation?  The crib?  We don't know!  He did sleep through the night on Saturday night though and when I was changing his diaper on Sunday morning his "peeper" was soooo red and swollen.  We both friecked out!  Seriously?!  It looked like there was a hole around the skin...no idea.  His left eye was also slightly swollen when he woke up on Sunday morning, which I thought might be from the apple?!  Well we called our neighbor to come down to stay with Reags while we took L to the ER to figure out what was wrong.  (Urgent care didn't open until 9, this was 7:30 and we wanted to know!)  I was so scared of an infection.  SOOO scared they would have to operate.  Thankfully, it just looks like the skin is pulling away, from skin that was regrown after his circumcision.  The doctor gave us an RX for topical cream and that seems to be helping.  Thankfully!!  What a heart attack!  I also have decided I'm sick of being paranoid about what Landon eats, as he is a big man and wants to eat a lot and loves to feed himself, so I have an appointment for him on Friday with the allergist.  HOPEFULLY, after talking with him he will tell me I'm crazy and won't have to do "the shots."  But even if he does the shots, I will atleast KNOW what is going on!  Anyway...we were sooo thankful our Landon man was okay!!  Oh and he was BEYOND a trooper when they took his temperature, rectally, too...such a good man.

No comments:

Post a Comment