Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mother's Day 2012!

Mother's Day 2012 was the best yet!  I think they just get better and better because I realize more every year how blessed I am to be a mom to two of the sweetest kiddos I know.  There are plenty of days that I want to pull my hair out, that the kids are driving me crazy, or that I have just had it...BUT I honestly give myself a pep talk and remind myself how truly blessed I am and that my babies will only be this little once and need me like they do. 

Keith took Bubby with him Sunday morning to pick up breakfast, while Reaggie and I snuggled in bed.  He got me donuts AND Bojangles...and I wonder why I have gained a couple pounds!! ;)  Reaggie gave me the SWEETEST gift that she made at school...I just cried when I opened it.  I always loved making these crafts with my kiddos at school and now I AM the mom getting sweet gifts like this!  I will always treasure it :)

This man just pulls himself up on EVERYTHING these days and wants to stand, stand, stand!

Peek a boo sweet girl!

Okay so we tried REALLY, REALLY hard to get a decent picture of me with the kids...not too much to ask on Mother's Day right?!  Riiiiiiiight!  They are all terrible...seriously, I think Keith snapped about 50.  Ugh!  Anyway...this one is just to show our Magnolia tree and how tall it is now.  When Keith got it for me for Mother's Day 2009, right before Reaggie was born, it was somewhere around my lower back.  Time flies!  SOO last year I wrote this and I'll write it again...2009 pregnant with Reagan, 2010 my first "real" Mother's Day, 2011 pregnant with Landon, 2012 my first Mother's Day with TWO kiddos...I wonder what 2013 has in store?!  :)  (If you notice the pattern...preggo, not preggo, preggo, not preggo, kind of really hoping I do NOT follow the above pattern for next year!)



After pictures, Reaggie and I left for the airport to pick up my mom.  She was flying in to help me with Landon on Monday and Wednesday while it was my last two volunteer days at preschool.  It just so happened to be Mother's Day too!!

Reaggie couldn't wait to give Mum-Mum the mug that she made for her!


Such a fun and wonderful Mother's Day!  It is so nice to have a day be all about the Mommy!! :)  It really is about my kids though who have given me the honor of being their mom!  My heart overflows with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment