Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mommy Low

Yesterday was a day that was NOT fun.  I was a mess all day.  There are days like that.  Some people think that being a stay at home mom is just a cake walk everyday...being a mom in general.  However, not the case at all!

SO we have been stressed out about Landon and why on earth his eye gets "pink" sometimes when he eats and why he is suddenly SCREAMING when we put him to bed.  Just when we feel like we've figured him out, something throws a wrench in that. 

Sunday night was a rough one, as Landon was up a lot and would wake up screaming.  I hate it.  No one likes to hear their baby crying, especially when it is the middle of the night and especially because I didn't want that screaming to wake up a certain almost three year old.  The last thing I need is TWO kids up to party at 11:30pm and 2am!  I finally took Landon into the guest room with me and he wouldn't go to sleep, around 4 I asked Keith (correction, more like told him) if he would sleep with Landon.  I cried myself back to sleep in our bed.  We all got up and had to get going to get Reags to school.  The morning was okay, aside from being a zombie.  Got R to school and usually on school days I'll come home with L to let him sleep for a little bit and then we'll go do whatever it is we're going to do that day.  Well of course he SCREAMED and wouldn't go down.  I really HATE the sound of a crying baby, who doesn't?!  SO as we are both in tears and I was just like screw it, we'll just go.  I had a few errands to run and wasn't going to fight him.  Thank goodness for best friends because I sobbed to Ellen for awhile about it all.  I think I just had a build up of all kinds of "worries."  L and I did our errands, even though he was a fussy mess because he hadn't slept, and then we picked up R at school.  Came home for lunch, all was fine...well as fine as it could be, it's pure chaos!  Then came naptime...SCREAMING again!  At some point during the day I had called Keith at work SOBBING that I couldn't listen to the screaming anymore...it was awful.  Even sweet Reaggie said, "Mommy, it okay.  We just need to let Boo Boo cry for a couple minutes."  I'm glad my almost 3 year old is more sane than I am :)  Anyway...I got Reaggie down for her nap, picked up Landon and he was asleep in 2 seconds flat.  I had rocked him for his afternoon nap on Sunday, as he didn't take one on Saturday, and decided I was not going to do that again yesterday.  SO we went into my room and I laid him on my bed and he was out!  It was after 2 and I hadn't had lunch and was starving, so I went down and as quickly as I could made lunch and came up 15 times to check on him in the process.  He hadn't moved.  The kid slept for a little over two hours, which is a FAB nap for him.  The rest of the evening was okay, although Keith didn't get home until 7:15...of all nights.  What can you do though?  Getting L to bed last night wasn't fun again.  We even tried the pack n' play to see if that would be better.  Fail.  Took that out and just let him cry, go in to sooth, cry, go in to sooth, FINALLY by about 8 he had stopped crying and went to sleep.  Of course Keith and I differ on our "lengths of time" that L should be crying so then we got into an arguement...UGGGHHHH!!  It was just a DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L woke up at 2:30 this morning and I calmed him down, but as soon as I would leave he would cry.  SO I brought him in the guest room again, we both slept...which in my book is key.  This morning for his nap he did so much better...he cried, but I patted his back, sang him "Twinkle, Twinkle" and "You are my Sunshine" and then just said "shhh, shhh, shhh" about a million times.  He was out and slept until almost 11!!!!!!!!!  I put him down around 2 for his afternoon nap and did the same thing...he just got up about 15 minutes ago, so 3:45.  Awesome!  I don't want to get too excited, but HOPEFULLY we are making some progress with the sleeping. 

Well as Reagan is telling my for the 15th time that she is "too big for kisses" and Landon is crawling all over the place while I type, I should continue with our day.  I think a shower should have happened today, but it didn't.  Oh well.  One day I will look back on all of this and smile.  Right now I just remind myself there are only so many years that my children will "need" me...I can do this.  It's all just phases.  I also tell myself on repeat that if these are my biggest problems, I'm very lucky.  Things could be SO much worse and I know that.  I guess it's natural for us to feel frustrated though, but I know in the grand scheme of things this is really NO big deal and we will all be fine.  Sometimes a good tear session is just what the doctor ordered :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, honey!!! You KNOW you are not alone in this! Bless your heart! Cal did the exact same thing and I just bawled my eyes out! We need each other's numbers so we can vent/laugh about this stuff together! Just remember that you are a great mom....and we WILL survive! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steph K!

    Ok, I may have missed this in a Facebook posting or blog comment, but, have you checked his ears???? I know it sounds crazy, but I know with my two older ones, at that age, one definite "signal" of a possible ear infection was screaming when laying down. It puts all that pressure in the ear and it hurts the little guys! I am sure you already have had him checked, but I just wanted to be throw that our there. I even took one of my guys to the ER one night around 8 months and they said no ear infection, only to visit my pediatrician the VERY next day and he DID have an infection. They just "missed" it in the ER.
    You are a great mom! So, if it is not an ear infection... it will pass!!!!

    Jenn Koehler (and Noah!)

    ReplyDelete