Saturday, October 20, 2012

Busy Week!

Last week was a little on the busy side...as most seem to be!

Monday was school picture day for this cutie!  I'm anxious to see how her pics turn out :)


On Tuesday we went to one of Reaggie's friend's house for a playdate with all of the kids in her class.  It was so fun!  Their house is AHHH-MAZING and have literally every toy under the sun :)  The kids were in heaven and R didn't want to leave.  Sadly, we did have a time crunch though because that afternoon I had to leave to drive to Maryland.  My Gran's brother, my Uncle Grady, passed away last week.  The visitation was on Tuesday and the funeral on Wednesday.  Keith was sweet enough to take charge for a couple days so I could go up for everything.  (This included preschool on Wednesday...I warned Reaggie's teachers that I would be gone so who knows what she would have on and what her hair would look like.  ha!  Keith wound up having a mom fix Reagan's hair once they got to school...he showed up hairbrush in hand!)  Even though it was sad occassion to travel for, it was really good to see so much family that I haven't seen in such a long time.  In fact...I think it motivated me to plan a reunion...I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into considering the size of this family, but it would be so great!

The tree at the church was sooo pretty!  It was just as pretty when we had Reaggie baptized :)

Uncle Grady was a Navy Veteran, so his burial was at a Veteran's Cemetary in the mountains of Western Maryland.  It was SUCH a beautiful drive up!

Uncle Grady's three children; Gail, Bart, and Tina

I drove back on Thursday morning and finally got home just in time for Keith to head to work and Landon to get up from his nap...perfect timing right?! :)

Friday was another school day and after naps and rests the kiddos enjoyed a couple Halloween oreos...Mommy may or may not have enjoyed a few as well!



There was some slight drama on the way home from preschool on Friday.  I reached behind my seat to get my phone out of my purse to call Keith...I had called his cell and work number twice that morning and never heard back from and his voicemail still said Thursday as well...so I was a little worried.  As I reached back I swerved slightly to the left, I was in the left lane, and kind of hit the curb.  I didn't think it was that hard or anything alarming.  However, about 1/2 mile later BOOOOOM went my front left tire and we were on the side of road...tons of fun.  THANK GOODNESS my friend Lindsey was just a little behind me and was able to pull over.  The kiddos sat in her van while I called Keith and Toyota roadside assistance...seriously, always an adventure.  Keith wound up meeting me there and I took his car home with the kids to give them lunch, it was like 1:30 by then...tired, hungry...good times!  He had to wait a total of almost 2 hours for the tow truck, but everything worked out.  I blame this on Keith for not calling me back ;) haha...not really...but I have learned my lesson, of course a very expensive one for having to get all new tires, to not reach back for anything until I am stopped.  Ugh!!  Thankfully we are all fine, which is the most important thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment