Saturday, October 20, 2012

Closet Confession...

I have a confession...please don't judge me too badly, but I am kind of obsessed with QVC.  I have bought maybe 3 things total from QVC ever, but whenever I am able I have it on as my background noise.  Weird I know!

I like a lot of the hosts, but I have to say my favorite is David Venable.  Seriously...he is just too funny and seems like the nicest guy!  He recently came out with a cookbook and I did really want to get it.  Keith took my hints and ordered it for me for my anniversary gift and I was so excited to get it.  I was EVEN MORE excited to find out David would be doing a book signing in Cary last night! 

I didn't know what to expect when I got there, but arriving about 25 minutes prior seemed about perfect.  He started right on time with a little speech and then had a little Q&A session.  I wasn't going to, but finally asked, how much preperation goes into his show and how early he has to arrive.  While I'm sure I stumbled my words, the girl next to me told me I did fine, he said, "great question" and proceeded to answer.

After that we had to wait to get the cookbook signed, which took awhile, but that's because he is the NICEST guy and had personal conversations with everyone!


Someone that works with him was there to take pictures and she kept on a snappin' for me...they are pretty funny I think.  I could have chatted with him forever...we talked about me growing up in PA, not far from the QVC studios, and how his brother might get a new job that would move him closer to PA, how Reagan and I watch his show while we fold laundry on Sundays...haha...




Seriously, I was SOOO happy to meet this guy!

my autographed copy! 

Now to start cooking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment