Saturday, June 13, 2009

Doctor's Visit #2


When given the chance to hear the good news or bad news first, I am usually one to say the good news....sooo we'll start with that. On Thursday Reags had a doctor's appointment to check her weight to make sure she was gaining. The doctor really wanted her to be back to her "leaving the hospital weight." I am proud to report that our little girl weighed 8lbs. 5.5ozs! GOOD GIRL!!

Okay, "bad" news...the doctor was checking Reagan out again and listened to her heart. She was listening and listening. The doctor thought she heard a heart murmer. OF COURSE when she said that I started to cry! She really doesn't think it is anything to be concerned about, but because Reagan is so little she just wants us to get it checked out. My rational is that if no one heard it in the hospital or at the first appointment, then everything should be fine...right? I hope so!

We are scheduled to go to the cardiologist on Monday afternoon to get an Echo. (if that is how you spell it!) Please keep Miss Reagan (and her mommy and daddy) in your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. A heart murmur is not a big deal. Both of my kids had them and look at them now, all grown up. I think what it means is that the valve is not closing cleanly when is opens and closes. I will keep you all in my prayers. I know Reagan is a health little girl!!
    Love,
    Aunt Nanc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a heart murmur (and can still occasionally hear it!) when I was a baby. No worries! Your little Reagan is PERFECT! We love you! -Heather

    ReplyDelete