Monday, June 1, 2009

Little Chunker!


Today was a big appointment...we were going to see how this little peanut was doing. Heartbeat was great, 148! We started out talking to the doctor about the latest date we could have this baby, just what I was ready for. My thinking was what good does it do to keep the baby in my tummy any longer? WHY??? However the doctor explained everything very well by saying that it is too risky to induce someone when the baby isn't showing more signs of being "ready." The moment he said "risky" I didn't want to ask any more questions.

We were off to the ultrasound next and we got to see our little chunker! LOOK AT THOSE CHEEKS!! Oh my gosh...this baby is getting so big! Momma needs to cut back on the munchies or this is going to be a HUGE baby! The ultrasound went well, fluid levels look good, everything looks good. The baby wouldn't "breath" though! Talk about giving me a heart attack!! However, at this point the tech said that it is very common because the baby is just lazy. It didn't even cross my mind that the baby didn't breath like we do. However, I know that they wouldn't have sent me home if there was ANY danger to me or the baby. I just have to keep telling myself that!
So an induction is scheduled, June 10th at 6:30am...I am crossing my fingers that we won't even need that date! I'm sure this peanut will decide to come well before that, especially to keep their momma happy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment