Tuesday, June 16, 2009

When are you due?

This is exactly what I was scared of...I know that I don't look like my normal self yet, obviously, I just had a baby 11 days ago!! HOWEVER, I was showered, dressed, and was out and about, in between feedings, running a couple errands today. I was in Kohls and bought Reagan a couple cute little outfits. The cashier said, "aww what cute outfits. WHEN ARE YOU DUE????" Seriously, I almost cried!! I thought I looked "okay" today...I just couldn't believe it. I said immediatly back, as nicely as I could, "I just had my baby 11 days ago." I know she felt really bad, which I felt badly about too. However, MENTAL NOTE Kohls lady, don't ever ask someone when they are due if you don't know if they are pregnant or not!!

On a happier note, today was the first day that I have slipped out by myself to run a couple errands. I by no means am a "stay at home all day" kind of girl! It was nice to run out, but I have to admit it was very strange not having Reagan with me. I called Keith about an hour after I left just to make sure the little one was okay and he assured me that he was just fine, to take my time. I took him up on it and when I got home Reags was sound asleep like such a good girl!

4 comments:

  1. The same thing happened to me. We had to take Emma several times to get blood drawn out of her heal at the dr.'s office (for the jaundice) and then they would ask us to drop it off at the hospital on our way home. I strolled in the first time and the lady behind the counter said..Oh hunny, when are you due? Looks like any days now! My face I'm sure said it all, and I said "My baby is in the car with her daddy." Such a bubble burst and I cried all the way home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing happened to me at the doctors office no less! You would think someone who worked in the OBGYN office would know better :) It also happened AT INDY! I heard the guy behind me ask if I had already had the baby or when I was due?! GRRR! I think you look fantastic though :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look great!! For someone who just had a baby, you are doing an awesome job! It will take time to get back to your pre-baby size, but I know you will do it. You have drive and determination!! Someimtes people need to keep their mouths shut when they do not know what is going on. Just chalk it up to ignorance!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People can be so insensitive! I agree that if you don't know whether a person is preggos, you shouldn't ask! From your photos, I think you look awesome! Oh, and by the way... if you keep up the nursing thing, the weight comes off even faster!!

    ReplyDelete