Saturday, August 29, 2009

First Night Out!


Tonight Keith and I had our first night out since Miss Reagan was born! The neighbors, Darin and Margaret, watched Reagan for us. We had 5:45 reservations, early I know, but it's all they had on Friday night when we called due to "Restaurant Week!." Anyway...we left a little after 5:00 and I only shed a little tear, I knew she would be fine. We went to Fins downtown and it was very good, however portions were small and it was hard to understand the menu. For instance, one of the appetizers to choose from was a golden corn and crab "potage." I had no idea what it was, but I like corn and I like crab, so why not...turns out it was a soup!! Go figure! Keith was telling me what appetizer he was going to get and he was going to get the "tuna tarae tarae" is how he pernounced it, even though it's tar-tar! We don't go to fancy restaurants very often...haha!!

The big news of the night was I had my first drink in almost a year!! I am by no means a big drinker, but that martini was DELICIOUS!! We went to a bar afterwards too, which was fun. It was there that I broke out my camera thinking I would ask the bartender to take our picture, when I just started looking at pictures of Reagan instead! We were looking at how big she has gotten...it just seems like in the past couple weeks she has really grown! She is such a big girl!

OH...I almost forgot, Margaret did call during dinner, which of course gave me a heart attack. When I said "hello" she immediatly said, "everything is fine, just a quick question!" She knows me too well! The Dr. Brown bottles were throwing her for a loop...haha! They are quite the contraption to put together. :)

It was a great night out! We had a lot of fun and it was so nice to get out, just the two of us. I have to admit I did miss Reagan very much, but we all survived!

No comments:

Post a Comment