Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Two Month Check-Up!


Today I took Reags to her 2 month check up!! She did GREAT! The doctor kept saying how peaceful and well behaved she was. Here are Reagans stats for 2 months:
Weight: 11 lbs. 9 oz. in the 75% (those of you that guessed over 11 lbs. CONGRATS!!)
Height: 23 1/2 inches in the 88%
Head Circumference: 39.9 centimeters in the 78%
Reagan really was an angel during the whole appointment. The doctor was pleased to hear about her smiling, "talking," eye movements, eating patterns, all that good stuff. One thing I was concerned about, well besides the shots, was her tummy time. Reagan HATES it!! Bless her heart, she just cries and cries when you have her on her tummy. Today though when the doctor put her on her tummy she lifted up that head and held herself up on her arms! Way to go Reags!! **Fellow moms out there...ask your doctor for formula samples if you are using it...I asked and got TWO CONTAINERS!! Yahoo!! Not that we are totally on formula yet, but two feedings a day uses up formula pretty quickly!**
The last part of the appointment was the part I was dreading...the shots! Reags got 4 immunizations today, 3 shots and 1 oral. I felt TERRIBLE!! She just started CRYING bloody murder, so of course then I started crying! As soon as I picked her up and gave her a kiss she calmed down, but I just felt so helpless. I was stroking her head and giving her kisses while she got her shots, but obviously that doesn't take her pain away.
The good news is she is healthy and doing wonderfully!! We don't go back again until her 4 month appointment! I can't even imagine how big she will be then!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment