Monday, August 10, 2009

It's Official...


Let me preface with the fact that I cried all summer about having to send Reagan to daycare. I just couldn't picture myself dropping her off every morning with someone that I really didn't know and pick her up after a long day at school. I know there are TONS and TONS of moms that do it and I commend them, I just don't know how they do it! SO last week, 2 weeks before I am to go back to school, there is a breakdown on my part. I went to the daycare we were thinking of sending Reagan to and was going to give them a deposit, when I TOTALLY BROKE DOWN! I lost it. No way could I do it! Keith and I talked ALL weekend about our decision and we decided that I would stay home with Reagan this year. It is not going to be easy, I am going to have to tutor and pick up little jobs here and there to earn some money, (so if you know of anyone or anything pass the word on!) but to us it is worth it. I went in and talked to my principal today, which was a VERY hard conversation and being the wonderful person that he is, totally understood and told me he was sad to lose me, but family comes first.


I have to say I am so happy that I get to stay home with my baby girl this year, but I am not as "excited" as I thought I would be. This is going to be a new adventure, not getting up every morning, getting dressed for work, socializing with teachers during the day, HAVING A PAYCHECK! So many things to get used to, but it's going to be great and I know I will keep us busy. I am really excited to be able to see my family more. Reagan and I will try to make road trips to see everyone whenever we can!


If you are a stay at home mommy or know other people that live in the area that are, let me know so we can have play dates!! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing to be able to stay home with your sweet little girl. Enjoy every moment. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete