Thursday, May 21, 2009

2 Down, 8 to Go!

I had a doctor's appointment today, which I was feeling really anxious about to know if I was dialated at all. I had a feeling I might be, but I've never had a baby before, I don't have a clue!! THANK GOODNESS we were called back pretty much right away, unlike last week when we had to wait an hour and a half!! Anyway, blood pressure, weight, all that stuff was good. The heartbeat of the baby today was in the 130's...so today the baby was "beating like a boy." This has totally stumped us as to what this little one is! :) It's exciting though because LITERALLY before we know it, this little one is a-comin'!

The doctor said she didn't have to check me, but since I didn't last time, I figured I might as well this time. As unpleasant as that is, she told me that I was TWO CENTIMETERS dialated!! I'm about 70% effaced as well. Now I know this doesn't mean I'm going to have the baby tomorrow, but it will be soon! I was so excited to hear this news, but then the more I thought about, the more nervous I got!

Oh...I also asked, "so about how big do you think this baby is?" The doctor predicted about 7 1/2 to 8 pounds RIGHT NOW! In my mind, I'm thinking I need to lay off the brownies or I will be pushing out a 10 pound baby!! :)

It is very exciting and I was glad to have Keith there again. He is very excited that I am dialated...this is really happening, and it will be soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment