Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I have been thinking today about the job of a mother...I am so lucky to have so many wonderful women in my life that set such great examples of what it means to be a mom. I love the advice that I get from my sister-in-law, even though she is a little TOO blunt and too the point, the advice I get from Ellen...it just makes me feel like I can do it!

From the moment I found out we were having a baby I have just thought about the kind of mom I am going to be. I just want to be a good mom...I want my kids to know that I always love them, that if I get upset it's for their own good :), and that I want nothing but the best for them always. I want them to know that I love them unconditionally. I know things won't always be perfect, as nothing is, but I will say it again, I just want to be a good mom! I never want my kids to feel like they can't talk to me about something or that I am not there for them. I want for Keith and I to be able to create fun family traditions, go on fun vacations, work on projects together, I just have all of these ideas circulating around in my head. There are so many fun and exciting times to look forward to and from what I hear, the time just goes by so fast!! I don't want to miss a thing!!! :)

I know that when this little peanut arrives it is going to be wonderful!! I really can't wait and Keith is getting very excited too! I don't know what it's going to be like to be a mom, but I am ready for the challenge and ready to do the best that I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment