Saturday, May 30, 2009

Friday Update!

Yesterday was the 39 week and 5 day checkup...I was SURE that Dr. H was going to send me right on to the hospital. :) I took my hospital bag, the baby bag, my pump, and the laptop in the car with me, which is why I didn't have the baby yesterday!

I was SURE that I was dialated atleast 4 cm. this week, totally positive. Turns out, I am exactly the same as last week! Nothing new, which was actually quite sad to hear. I have had a wonderful pregnancy, can't complain, I have felt great the whole time. However, getting to this 38/39 week mark is not the most comfortable I have ever been. It is currently 6:44am on Saturday and I have been tossing and turning for the last 45 min, so I finally decided to just get up! Not being able to get comfy in bed does not thrill me!

The good news is that I could still start contractions at anytime, but if not this weekend, I have an appointment on Monday at 3:00 for an ultrasound and non-stress test. According to BabyCenter.com the NST (non-stress test) is to monitor the baby's heartbeat while resting and moving. Basically because I will be past my due date it's just to make sure everything is okay in there...I'm not worried since I feel this baby moving plenty. On Monday, if I haven't had the baby yet, we'll schedule an induction for that week. Baby K is coming ready or not!!!

I kept saying to Keith last night, this is our last weekend without a baby (atleast we think it is!). It's pretty crazy that next Saturday at this time I could be home with a baby, about to come home from the hospital with a baby, or having this baby! Everything hit me yesterday while we were waiting for the doctor. I started to tear up just thinking about how excited/nervous/anxious I am. It's so emotional...oh plus I'm very pregnant and I think I could cry over anything at this point. :)

Stay tuned!! Updates will be coming soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment