Friday, May 29, 2009

Maternity Leave??


Last Friday was my last day of school for the year and I was soooo excited to have some time to just relax before the baby came. I kept thinking how good our "timing" was for having this baby at the end of the school year rather than in the middle. WELL...I am starting to think I was wrong. Granted knowing that the summer is just around the corner, did make it very nice to only make 2 1/2 weeks of lesson plans, as opposed to 6 weeks, but all of the end of year paperwork that needs to be done might be the death of me!!!!

I went to school on Monday for a half day to get everything situated with EOG scores and sending letters home to parents, worked on report cards...that fun stuff. Yesterday I spent ALL AFTERNOON, from 1 until 8, working on profile cards and assessment stuff! What on earth?? Then today I have to go in to get a whole list of other stuff finished. I really am not complaining (kinda?!) because atleast I am not teaching AND doing all of this paperwork stuff, but goodness...a teacher's work is never just finished. I wonder what it would be like to have a job that all you have to do is send out an email saying, "I will be out of the office from ____ to _____. Please contact _______ if you need personal assistance." How nice would that be??

Enough of that! Doctor's appointment is at 2:30 today, so we'll see what news we get from that! Baby K feels like he or she is about to POP out of my stomach!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment